Calvin’s Crazy Pickleball is coming back! The first event was a huge success and I don’t say that lightly.
I view the first Crazy Pickleball event that I ran to be my best event ever. This is based on how much fun players seemed to have while playing and with the feedback they gave me.
I’m hoping to make these events event better with all of the tips and advice from players at the last event. It should be lots of fun!
Popular Questions about Calvin’s Crazy Pickleball Event
For those of you wanting details on this fun and whacky event, see the answers below.
Where is Calvin’s Crazy Pickleball Event Going to be Played?
7800 Johnny Morris Rd
Austin, TX 78724
When Will Calvin’s Crazy Pickleball Take Place?
The last one we had was on Saturday, July 27th 2019. I will update this page once another Crazy Pickleball date is scheduled.
How Much Does it Cost and How do I Pay?
The cost is $10 per player. ($20 per team).
You can pay me (Calvin Keeney) directly to confirm your spot in this event. I accept cash, check, Venmo (@Calvin-Keeney) or credit card.
How do I sign Up for this Fun Pickleball Event?
You can sign up for Calvin’s Crazy Pickleball Event by contacting me. Here are several ways to reach me. Or you can always tell me in person the next time you see me at the court.
Just remember, spots are limited to 16 teams.
What is Calvin’s Crazy Pickleball Event?
I thought creative Pickleball players would enjoy mixing it up together for a few hours of fun. So I have been brainstorming exciting ways to do just that!
Here are some quick details about the event:
- This will be a doubles event limited to 16 teams. You can sign up as a team or as an individual and I can try and help match you with someone. (Contact me to signup)
- Your team will be matched in a group with other similarly rated teams. Please let me know your normal Pickleball rating if you know it and we will go from there. I’m sure some people will be better at Calvin’s Crazy Pickleball format and some will be worse than what they are in regular. Remember this event is for fun and to enjoy the company of other like minded people for a few hours.
- We will play 5 rounds. Each round will be 1 game matches to 15 points. Switch sides at 8 points.
What makes it Calvin’s Crazy Pickleball?
Great questions! Thanks for asking 🙂
Each round there will be a new rule added or removed from the game. I have about 8-10 ideas for new ways to play each round. Here are the 5 game modes that we will be playing this time:
- Double Bounce – Players may hit the ball any time before the ball bounces 3 times. So you can hit the ball off of the second bounce for example but not after the third.
- Hot Lava – The kitchen is out of bounds. If you ever hit the ball into the kitchen, the point is over and your opponents win the point.
- Earthquake – You play on the left half of one court, and the right half of the court next to it. This causes an out of bounds area in the middle of the court where players can try out hitting an Ernie or ATP (around the post) shots. This was the player favorite after the first Crazy Pickleball Event.
- Spiderman – Players may hit the ball with their body. For example, you may legally hit the ball over the net with your hands and feet. You may not grab the ball and throw it over, but you can hit the ball with an open hand and with one motion similar to how you would hit the ball with your paddle.
- Serve Away! – No restrictions on how Players serve the ball. You also get 2 tries each time you serve (similar to tennis where players get 2 chances to serve each point). For example, you can serve above your belly button. Serve off of a bounce. Or hit down on the ball at point of contact and more.
Note that only 1 Crazy Rule will be played each round. The idea is to add a bit of creativity to the game we all love. But not to overwhelm players with a whole list of rules.
Thanks to those of you who helped pitch in and brainstorm new ways to play Pickleball for this event. That was very helpful and fun to work together on!
Who is Calvin’s Crazy Pickleball Event For?
This fun event is for creative Pickleball players wanting to have a good time with other fun people.
This is NOT a competitive event.
I look forward to seeing you there if you can make it. Even if you just want to come watch the craziness ensue.
Will I See You at Calvin’s Crazy Pickleball Event?
If this fun and creative way to play Pickleball sounds fun to you, then I hope to see you at one of these events!
Don’t forget to contact me to let me know you are coming to play. And if you need a partner, I will be happy to help you look for one as well.
How do I Know About Future Pickleball Events Like this?
If you want email updates about Pickleball then you can sign up to receive them from me here. (Note: This is the same email list that I’ve used to contact players about past events I’ve ran. If you received those updates, then you should receive future updates as well.)
You can also sign up to receive updates via text message (Standard message and data rates apply).
To do that, text the word PICKLEBALL to 77222.
I hope you are getting to play some fun games of Pickleball wherever you may be!
(Want to see more Pickleball events I’m organizing? Find them all here)